Whether you're using COAT DEFENSE® on horses, dogs, cows, goats, alpacas or any other furry creatures, application is simple! Follow our steps below for the best results.
1. Gently shake or pour COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER directly onto desired area. Since a little bit goes a long way, start with a small amount and add more as needed.
2. Because each case is different, select your tool of choice for this step. Using your fingers, a curry comb, or a brush, massage the COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER into the coat and down to the skin.
3. Allow COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER to sit on skin and work it's magic. For drying sweat, this can range from 5-10 minutes. If treating rain rot, we recommend allowing it to sit for a minimum of 10 minutes. If you need assistance with this step, please feel free to contact Zena at 661-309-0829.
However, when applying to prevent skin ailments, you can move to step four.
4. Once COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER has had time to work it's magic, use a soft brush to remove any dried sweat grime, or scabs from funk. Subsequently, if you're using as a preventative, you can use your brush to help any extra powder settle under the coat.
5. Reapply as needed. For example, when drying sweat, some spots might have more moisture. Go ahead and use a little, repeating steps 1-4 to help soak it up. But if you're using this to treat rain rot, and some scabs still remain on the skin, use a bit more to help remove them. Any extra powder that remains will only help prevent bacteria and fungus, all while keeping your horse's coat clean!
We know how hard it is to brush under the belly, and rubbing in COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER can seem like a challenge!
However, if you REALLY want to get those nooks and crannies, we can't recommend HandsOn Grooming Gloves enough! They are PERFECT for working COAT DEFENSE® daily PREVENTATIVE POWDER because of their awesome nubs and grip!